Saturday, February 24, 2007

"So when are you having a baby?"

or "I want to give ang bao to your baby next year."
or "So when will you be promoted to become a father?"
or the typical "No good news yet huh?"
and the most irritating "Put in more effort!"

Sigh... these are the kind of comments that makes me want to avoid visiting relatives and friends during Chinese New Year sometimes. I know they meant well and there's no other better topics than this. But it does get on my nerves because they have to keep in mind that I would be the one raising the kid(s), not them. So while it's easy to pressurize me to have children, it does not absolve me from the long-term responsibility to raise them. Children are not 'pets' after all. So when I do have one, it would be because I WANT to and NOT because I HAVE to!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home