Sunday, January 02, 2011

My top 3 most memorable moments in 2010

1. Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games. It was the inaugural Youth Olympic Games and Singapore won the rights to host it from 14 to 26 August 2010. SPH was assigned as the Host News Agency and the news centre was pooling resources to cover the games. My boss was asked to provide a photographer and I was seconded to ST over this period. They assigned me to take charge of covering the basketball matches at the Youth *scape Park.

2. Hilton Hotel Bride jumped to her death. What was to be a normal morning shift turned out to become an assignment that would be remembered as one of Singapore's most tragic news. The broom had accidentally fell to his death at Hilton Hotel on his wedding night and eight months later, the bride, unable to overcome her grief, committed suicide from her flat.

3. My "MINI" accident. I was on morning crime shift but the company car was not available. So I had to drive my MINI to cover the assignments. On the way back to office, I did not notice a divider and drove right over it and in the process, damaged my car. The "jab" to the undercarriage led to repairs that took a month which included an engine overhaul. The insurance paid for it but the hassle and the premium I had to cover was a very painful experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home