Thursday, January 26, 2006

Destiny of an old car...


I was sending Xiaomin to work today when I met with an unfortunate accident.

The exit to Pasir Ris is always jammed along TPE from the Upper Changi Rd exit due to morning traffic. Due to the long queue, a vehicle braked suddenly and I had to swerve right to avoid collision. I took a quick glance in my side mirror before making the manoeuvre.

Unfortunately, while I tried to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me, I didn't notice the taxi in my blind spot. I hit his left doors and bumped slightly into his rear.

Lucky no one was hurt although Xiaomin was in shock for a while.

We drove to the side, assessed the damage and agreed to settle in private. The taxi uncle was actually quite nice; he didn't blow his top or anything and even asked if myself and Xiaomin were alright. After exchanging particulars, we drove off. In the afternoon, the uncle called and I found out the price of my lesson.

$400.

Price of 2 Taxi Doors: $250
Price of Taxi Driver's Potential Earning per day: $150
To get out of this alive and learning: Priceless

Thank God it didn't happen to my future Colt Plus. Otherwise, I would have felt really down. I just feel sad for my old Lancer that he has to end up in this state before he's scraped.

2 Comments:

Blogger Livia said...

it's truly a blessing nobody is hurt.

i had a minor accident the other day when i was turning left along Loyang to get onto PIE.

my car 'kissed' the bumper of the taxi in front.

we pulled over & i got out of the car to tok to the uncle.

den the most amazing thing happened.

uncle looked at my front bumper, inspected his back bumper & tested opening & closing his boot.

den he waved me off coz there is really no visible damage!

11:39 am  
Blogger jen said...

my car had a more unfortunate incident. you can catch a picture of it on my blog. lucky no one was hurt.

9:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home